Saturday, October 3, 2015

Timelessness

I love this life. It's really so cool; and apparently, really bad for writing impulses. I generally have no idea what day it is, and time means very little. My dogs tell me when it's nearing 5 PM - their dinner time - but that's pretty much the only trigger around here. There's no getting up for classes, no rushing around to fit everything in. It's quite lovely and feels indulgent.

Fall has arrived, with cooler days and nights, leaves turning. Out my back windows is a hill, covered with large trees. All summer it was simply shades of dark green. Now, the differences between colors is greater; a touch of gold near the top, some browns and oranges appearing. Every day is a new mosaic of colors. The new house on the closer rise has a drive way lined with young trees, newly planted. Two are nearly orange red; another is green-orange - and the rest are all still green. And they too change every day. We've had a very dry summer, even by rain shadow standards. We'll have four our five days of glorious sunny and clear weather, a gray cloudy day - and maybe even a light shower. Then more sunny clear days. Breezes keep temps cool - low 60s - and downright chilly after dark. This past week I saw frost on a roof top behind me, and G's allergies have pretty much died down after a very tough August for her.

I've made new friends, which is lovely. People up here are incredibly friendly and welcoming. It's a delightful change from the red-neck attitudes of Previous Place. And as noted above, happiness is apparently bad for writing, because I've written squat.

I have, however, found new outlets for my creativity. I'm still into glass, although I've not done any up here yet. I have been sucked into the paper craft vortex, and am happily making cards, scrapbooking and discovering the joys of Cricut, BigShot and that. These are all related - glass, paper, etc. - in that they allow me to design and execute designs, patterns, colors, textures - and the manual manipulation of materials brings great joy. Call it taking mixed media to new levels.

Finally having all my stuff unpacked and put away is delightful.
Finally, bookcases up and loaded!

and fun with Cricut!










Vinyl is addictive. It's very tempting to make my own decals for everything...



No comments:

Post a Comment