Friday, April 3, 2015

20 days, and counting

April is the last month here. May, I'll be traveling, and June will be spend traveling AND moving. I should be in my new house in PNW somewhere around July 4. Which will signal my own independence from Un-named University, and the beginning of my own new life.

Moving is, for me, a liberation and always a new beginning. Some people hate the hassle and chaos of moving - I never have. I'm not crazy about the details of moving - but the act itself is just a pleasure, such a rush, that once again I am looking forward to it.

Yesterday I bought boxes, and will spend part of this morning and afternoon packing up the winter clothes for the move. I'm going to spring for the moving company to pack most of the house - but there are bits/pieces I want to do myself. Clothing is something they'd do if I didn't already need to make the seasonal swap. I'm also going to use this opportunity to purge a bunch of stuff, clear out stuff I've been keeping for various reasons. I'm tired of my dishes - and have been drinking out of your basic jelly glasses for years. Those'll not make the move - garage sale or Salvation Army. My big oak desk - which I don't use - will also go into the garage sale. Particle board bookshelves, that kind of stuff. I'm looking forward to clearing out some stuff.

What I'm not looking forward to is the garage sale. Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment