Thursday, March 19, 2015

Moving Forward


  • The Mess is over. The dean said he's going to accept the recommendations of the P&T committee; my record is cleared. Finally, forever and done.
  • The faculty voted me Emerita status, which makes me absurdly happy. Going out with my head held high and honored by my colleagues. Battered, bruised but whole and redeemed.
  • Am currently in Seattle. This is the region I'm moving to in the fall, and I wanted to make sure it was a good thing before committing. I am now not only completely committed, but under contract for a new house! I am seriously in love with my new town - Sequim (pron. Skwim) WA - and my new house. Stopped total strangers on the streets, talked to anybody/everybody we could. One and all said they really love the place and recommend it highly. It's on a bunch of 'best places to retire' lists, and housing prices are reflecting that. I had to pay more than I wanted to, but I'm very pleased with the house, the area and even my new neighbors! My builder is proving very easy to work with and amenable to changes, the house is actually bigger than the one I'm currently living in in Unnamed City and much better insulated. I am thrilled.
  • I am so ready to move forward. Classes end the first week of May, and I'll be finished as soon as I turn in grades. Then a summer of travel and fun before moving in August. As quickly as I can in August, because I really want to get up here permanently.
  • I feel really good about all of this. Profoundly lucky and fortunate to be able to do it. Very very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment