Friday, June 6, 2014

New Place, New Space

So it's taken me a couple of days, but yeah, I have a new blog.

I'm limiting readership to protect myself. Because all the crap that I'm going through continues. And the PTB at school were really pissy about a blog, no matter how I disguised self, location, university, actors, etc.. So now they can't get to me!

I leave for Africa next week. And I was really, really hoping that there wasn't going to be any more contact between me and the PTB. However. They had the provost's secretary call me and wrangle a 30 minute meeting on Monday. This all pisses me off, as I am on a 9 month contract, and they've been most unwelcoming when I showed up for stuff on campus. Now they want me there so they can tell me something.

I have no feeling for what will happen on Monday. If it goes my way, they'll say the charges are unfounded and reinstate me as chair - and warn me not to retaliate. If it goes against me, they'll make me not chair, increase my teaching load by one class, put it in my record and maybe call for a post-tenure review with a view to revoking tenure. They may fire me. Wide range of options available. Since they only asked for 30 minutes, I'm figuring I'm not getting fired. But I don't know that.

And honestly, at this moment, I don't really care. Isn't that a hoot.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Belle! So glad you are still blogging (and sorry you were forced out of your original blogging home). ;-)

    ReplyDelete