Thursday, May 21, 2015

San Francisco

Lordy, this is a great city. Every time I come here, I rediscover how lovely it is. And how expensive! We got here last night, and spent a relaxing evening in our hotel, recovering from the long flights. Today? Well, today was our play day.

We touristed the city: did the hop on, hop off bus tours of both the city and the Golden Gate Bridge, with Sausalito thrown in for kicks. I started noticing that my camera didn't work very well (or at all, after a while), so when we got off the bus, we dropped into a camera shop on the corner. Lovely shop, great guy, excellent salesman. He fixed my camera, then showed me how to make it better. And then better. And then he showed me a new camera that made mine look like something Fred Flintstone would like. And then he offered me great deal on the new one, and I thought "how can I possibly go back to that when I can get this for $500 off???" So I did it; bought self a brand new camera with a 60x zoom AND a fancy smantzy lens that i still need to learn how to use properly. He made it look so easy. Going from 8x zoom to 60x? Gah. Makes me want to go back down to Pier 39 and take even more pictures of the sea lions. These were with the old one.


With the new toy, I should be able to see whiskers...

No comments:

Post a Comment